Thursday, May 17, 2012

What EXACTLY are We?

Well, I got super curious ....... and I wanted to know exactly what percentage of what I was.  Of course, if I want to know what I am...... I want to know what my husband and kids are.   The only one I haven't figured out yet is my step-daughter ....   I am going to start her tree eventually - of course, I have half of it done with my husband, but the OTHER half is the problem.....  

Regardless ......... this excites me :)
German BARELY wins out over Irish!

My husband is.......
My kids are .......

My oldest two (with my ex husband)
And my younger two with my hubby ...


Notice - I am only 3% English (British) and my husband is 31% .....  he had a LONG LONG LONG line of Puritans in his blood, I have a little....  one branch....  my Great-Great Grandfather Jesse's branch is the only one that goes back to the Puritans and to England.  A lot of my ancestors were in Plymouth, Mass .... and a lot of them settled in Connecticut.     Dennis' have been all over the US - but most of them settled in Mass in Salem and Plymouth.  Early founders of cities ... some crazy stories mixed in there .......

But what I find funny is .   I am re-doing my ex-husband's English line and Dennis' because they were related to the same people (still are) and something didn't make sense.....   so I just deleted about 3000 years for both of them and started over, and now that I'm doing everything very carefully and making sure the dates and such make sense.... I'm not running into the actual ROYALTY for either of them that I originally did - of course, I'm not done yet.

However, my little tiny 3% ....... yep, we're totally Royal!!   I have English & Queens Kings, French Kings & Queens, Spanish (from Spain) Kings and Queens.... I can even trace my tree to King Henry the VIIIth who've I've always been interested in - HOWEVER - he is not DIRECTLY related to me, we share a Great (whatever x's) Grandfather......

So all those stories of the Royalty and Nobility on all sides will be shared!

On another note, the little "unknown" factor in mine (and my kids) comes from a line I can't trace back to anything right now.  I'm *assuming* it's going to be Puritan English again - but I can't get anywhere yet.  I haven't dug in yet - but I will!

** I want to add these were taken from what I could trace back to (like way back in the 1600's my ancestors came from England) ... or where the first several generations came from.  I didn't get methodical and  - for example - take into consideration all the French or Spanish Kings I have in my line ... the line - prior to coming to America - was in England.  Just wanted to make that clear since you don't see French and all that in our stuff as of yet ...... **

** Dennis also has an Indian in his line ....  his 6x Great Grandmother was a Narragansett Indian, I cannot trace her part of the line back as I don't even know her name as of yet.  This is all stuff I am going to continue to work on, one to figure out if it's true or not, and it would be super interesting.  Funny enough - the Indian Princess (that's what I call her for now) married a man named Ichabod who is the link back to the Salem Witch Trials on Dennis' side **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming over to my side of the tree :) Comments are always welcome and appreciated!