Wednesday, October 9, 2013

DNA Project on ROLLO ....


So there is a company Explico, that is trying to do a DNA project on Rollo to discover which of the two stories (Denmark's & Norway's) is true ....

The latest news is .....

- In Normandy, in our search for famous historical figures, closed in the lead on the patriach of William the Conqueror, the great Viking giant Rollo, in order to solve a close to thousand  year old riddle about his origin. To be continued..

Prior to that the announced they were opening his grave ....

November 2012
We are currently planning our goals and projects for 2013. They include DNA collections in the Caucasus mountains, the opening of graves in Normandy (Rollo) and Italy (Hauteville family), and more research done on our projects on the Black Sea shore, the Easter Island, the search for the lost Greenland Vikings and their settlements in America, and several interesting projects in Spain.

April 2012  
Here is an update on our Rollo project: After a long awaited meeting with the French Cultural Department in Paris, we have received confirmation to go on with the project but we are looking still at some more months of processing.

This project has been going on now for a few years.  It'll be interesting to find out what they discover!

1 comment:

  1. I am a descendant of a family that lived in the city of Rouen, Normandy in the year 1643. My haplogroup HP I1 confirmed by Genebase Lab. My DNA results puts me in Ultra-Norse haplotype I1-uN1. If you are interested I can share my results for your project provided that my name kept confidential. You can reach me at guevrjlm@sympatico.ca.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming over to my side of the tree :) Comments are always welcome and appreciated!